How to create an FTP account
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Click on the FTP Accounts menu in the Files section:
- It will be needed to fill in the FTP account information in each field. Here is the detailed description below:
- Login: enter the desired username for your FTP account. It will be combined with your main domain name to create the full username.
- Password: enter a strong and secure password in this field for your FTP account. You can use Password Generator for this option.
- Password (again): enter the same password here to confirm the spelling.
- Strength: this field informs you how secure your password is. Strength levels range from Very Weak to Very Strong.
- Directory: when you create an FTP account, it is limited to the directory you indicate here. cPanel will auto-fill an assumed directory based on the FTP username. You can erase everything after public_html/and provide the directory you would like the user to access. You can also type a single / and the user will have access to your home directory (anything outside of the public_html folder).PLEASE NOTE:
You can determine the level of access for a user. The FTP user will not be able to navigate outside of the specified directory. However, he/she will be able to access all files and subfolders inside that folder.
- Quota: you can limit the disk space available for an FTP user here or set it to Unlimited.
- Click the Create FTP Account button. You will then see a notification stating Account Created